The most frequently prescribed treatment for ADHD college students is medication however it should go hand-in-hand with ADHD coaching or therapy.
As young adults away from home, college students need to be responsible for their own medication. For this reason, it is important for their parents, or therapist to keep in touch and ensure they are sticking to their treatment plan.
Today ADHD is a recognized disorder and most colleges understand the special needs of ADHD students and will accommodate them with academic help and counseling.
Read in this guide:
- Natural and Alternative ADHD Treatments for ADHD College Students
- ADHD Treatment in the College Environment
- What helps ADHD students in college?
- Is ADHD a disability in college?
- Best treatment for college students with ADHD?