Students with possible ADHD will have either been diagnosed with ADHD at a younger age or they may have ADHD which has gone undiagnosed. Doctors use ADHD assessment tools for adults such as standardized behavior rating scales; gathering information from the patient and those close to him; tests of cognitive abilities and a look at the patient’s medical history.
The diagnosing doctor will determine whether the adult displays 5 or more of the ADHD symptoms described in the DSM-5 guidelines.
Read in this guide:
- How to get a diagnosis of ADHD in adults?
- What are the diagnostic criteria for ADHD in adults?
- Can you get ADHD for the first time as an adult?
- Differential diagnosis for ADHD in adults?
- Diagnosis code for ADHD in adults?
- ADHD assessment tools for adults?
- Diagnostic interview for ADHD in adults DSM-5?