ADHD Child Waking Up Early
Some ADHD children have trouble waking up while others tend to wake up extra early. In both cases, their circadian cycle could be out of sync. The circadian rhythm determines when the sleep hormone melatonin is secreted. So no matter how late your ADHD child might go to sleep they can still wake up early.
The solution to an ADHD child waking up early includes reviewing their bedtime routine, playing white noise as they sleep and shutting out all light in the room. You can consult with your doctor about adjusting your child’s ADHD medication and ask about melatonin as a supplement to help regulate sleep patterns.
Read in this guide:
- How to Get ADHD Child to Sleep
- Melatonin for Kids with ADHD
- How many hours of sleep does a child with ADHD need?
- Does a child with ADHD need their own bedroom?
- What can I give my ADHD child to help sleep?