The first line of treatment for ADHD is usually stimulant medication and behavior therapy. However, if you have a history of heart disease, bipolar, or drug abuse; if the stimulant medication causes too many side effects or does not have the required effect then the doctor may prescribe non-stimulant ADHD medication.
Non-stimulant ADHD medication includes Effexor, Wellbutrin, tricyclic antidepressants, and Strattera. Of these non-stimulant ADHD medications, Strattera has been found to have the least side effects and to be the most effective.
Read in this guide:
- Non-Stimulant ADHD Medication Strattera
- The Pros and Cons of Using Strattera or Adderall to Treat ADHD
- Non-Stimulant ADHD Drugs for Adults
- Non-Stimulant ADHD Medication for a Child
- Do all ADHD meds suppress appetite?