A professional psychologist uses assessment tools to diagnose ADHD. The psychological looks at how the patient interacts with the world around him; behavior patterns; reasons for the behavior and how behavior differs in different settings. Psychologists will use multiple assessment tools which can include a range of rating scales, questionnaires filled out by teachers and parents, computer-based tests for attention issues, one-on-one interviews with the patient, and more.
Read in this guide:
- Psychological Assessments for ADHD
- What tests do psychologists use for ADHD?
- Should I see a psychologist or psychiatrist for ADHD?
- Can a psychologist diagnose ADHD?
- What is psychological testing for ADHD?
- Psychological evaluation for ADHD
- Psychological testing for ADHD in adults online
- Psychological testing for ADHD in children