It is important for the grandparents of ADHD children to understand the disorder.
The older generation often doesn’t “believe” in ADHD and they remember the days when kids were punished for bad behavior and disorders were unheard of. Parents can explain to grandparents about ADHD symptoms and the strategies used to help ADHD kids. If the grandparent spends a significant amount of time with the ADHD grandchild then they need to understand the importance of routine in an ADHD child’s life.
Read in this guide:
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren with ADHD
- Grandparenting Kids with ADHD
- Grandparents Don’t Believe in ADHD
- ADHD Information for Grandparents
- How to deal with an ADHD grandchild?
- How to handle a grandchild with ADHD?