Parents of ADHD children and teens are faced with many challenges. However, there are ways of easing ADHD symptoms, with medication, therapy and behavior strategies. Parents of ADHD school students should educate themselves about the disorder. Take your child for a full evaluation with a doctor trained and experienced with treating ADHD.
Once your child is diagnosed your child’s doctor will prescribe ADHD medication and recommend behavior therapy or ADHD coaching. As a parent, you are responsible for making sure your school-going child takes their medication and attends therapy sessions.
Read in this guide;
- Focusing Strategies for Students with ADHD
- Characteristics of ADHD Students in the Classroom
- Assistive Technology for ADHD Students in the Classroom
- ADHD Information for Parent with ADHD Child
- How to help a child with ADHD focus in school?
- Can a child with ADHD be good at school?
- How do ADHD students learn best?
- What are the specific behaviors and characteristics of students with ADHD?