Working adults with ADHD need to choose a job that interests them but also that suits their ADHD symptoms. Some ADHD adults find great success in their chosen fields while others struggle with the challenges of ADHD symptoms in the workplace. These challenges can include time management, poor communication skills, being easily distracted, and disorganization. There are ways of coping with ADHD at work including medication and therapy. ADHD adults can also request accommodations at work based on their disability. In the right job, ADHD characteristics can even be an advantage.
Read in this guide:
- Supervising an Employee with ADHD
- ADHD at Work Symptoms
- Examples of Reasonable Accommodation in the Workplace for ADHD
- ADHD Discrimination in the Workplace
- Annoying ADHD Coworker
- How can I work if I have ADHD?
- What is the best job for someone with ADHD?
- Can I be fired for having ADHD?
- Should you tell your employer you have ADHD?