Many ADHD kids have a need for tactile stimulation. Through sensory experiences ADHD patients manage to filter out the many distracting sensory messages they are receiving from the surroundings and stimulate their senses through touch, sound, smell, and movement.
Sensory toys, sensory equipment, and Sensory Rooms can help ADHD patients feel calmer and more focused. The best ADHD sensory equipment includes a sound system for playing calming music or white noise and special lighting including bubble tubes, projectors, and LED fiber optics. Other popular ADHD sensory equipment includes balls, bean bags, sensory mats with different textures, vibrating objects like vibrating cushions, body sox, reflective balls, a balance board, weighted blankets, and the howdaHUG.
Read in this guide:
- Cheap ADHD Sensory Equipment for Schools
- Top ADHD Sensory Room Equipment for Schools
- What is a Sensory Room in a school?
- What Colour should a Sensory Room be?
- What are the benefits of a Sensory Room?